dig[ dig ]
verb (used without object)
1. to break up, turn over, or remove earth, sand, etc., as with a shovel, spade, bulldozer, or claw; make an excavation.
2. to make one’s way or work by or as by removing or turning over material: to dig through the files.
verb (used with object)
1. to break up, turn over, or loosen (earth, sand, etc.), as with a shovel, spade, or bulldozer (often followed by up).
2. to form or excavate (a hole, tunnel, etc.) by removing material.
3. to unearth, obtain, or remove by digging (often followed by up or out).
4. to find or discover by effort or search.
5. to poke, thrust, or force (usually followed by in or into): He dug his heel into the ground.
1. thrust; poke: He gave me a dig in the ribs with his elbow.
2. a cutting, sarcastic remark.
3. an archaeological site undergoing excavation.
4. living quarters; lodgings.
1. to start eating.
2. to attack, work, or apply oneself voraciously, vigorously, or energetically: to dig into one’s work; to dig into a meal.
3. to find by searching: to dig out facts for a term paper.
4. to locate; find: to dig up information.
dig[ dig ]
verb (used with object) dug, dig·ging. Slang.
1. to understand: Can you dig what I’m saying?
2. to take notice of: Dig those shoes he’s wearing.
3. to like, love, or enjoy: She digs that kind of music. We really dig each other.
I like definitions okay?
Dig in. Dig out. Dig through. Dig deep.
Man I really never could have expected the words that I’m getting. I was expecting the same flowery crap that seems inspirational to most ya know, “believe, dream, hope” that kind of thing, but somehow I like “dig” so much better.
What this lovely little three letter word has taught me is that I need to get out of myself, to get into myself.
Ya see, you kinda gotta pick apart, or dig into your own self, like your digging into something else. Analyze honestly, and pay attention to bodily reactions, and instinct. Like a private investigator, solving the murder muster of your own personal shit pickle.
I made some revelations about my character that I won’t discuss here, that is saved for my rather more private journal.
Dig, also refers to stubbornness as in dig your heels in, and enjoying something, as in “I dig you”
So today, I thought a lot about the the things I dig. Pinterest anyone? All in all, I think I have really cool taste.
My stubborn streak is something I really dig about myself. I’m a taurus. I’m pretty solid, and I revealed and luxuriated in inconstant and rigid nature. Change is inevitable though, but the best thing I can do is enjoy right now, and not worry about changes to come.
I love playing in the mud, and getting really really dirty, weather the mud is inside me or outside my house!